Tbdress - Buyer beware - even if it is faulty they fight against refunding
There seem to be a lot of positive reviews on this site. I cannot comment on whether they are true or not, I can only share my own experience. I bought a dress from TBDress for my daughter's prom. When it arrived it was clearly not as described. it was not the colour in the photo, the neck was far too small, it was cheaply made and in addition there was a fault in the fabric panel running down the back of the dress. So began a tedious exchange of emails between TBDress and myself where early on in them they made every effort not to allow a return of the dress - for example they wanted to send a sample of the fabric and have ME take it to a tailor and pay to replace an entire panel! Also they said if I wanted to return the faulty dress they would only give me @30% refund on the value of the FAULTY dress. Trust fully gone at this point I turned to PayPal for help. Once I opened the dispute via PayPal TBDress then insisted I first close the dispute and then they would deal with my claim. I fortunately was advised by PayPal not to do this -- that once I close the dispute I cannot reopen it should they not honour the promise. This is now being sorted by PayPal and PayPal has sided with my claim. I have had to ship the dress back to China (yes the company website we bought it from makes it look like it is coming from Los Angeles) and are waiting for TBDress to take Paypal's instruction. I have been assured by PayPal I will one way or another receive a refund. This has been a long drawn out hassle of a transaction and based on this I would highly discourage anyone from purchasing from this company unless you have money to burn and don't mind low quality, faulty items arriving on your doorstep with little hope of restitution should you not use a reputable company like PayPal.
UPDATE JULY 7: Well just like others who have had a negative experience with TBDress, I also received an email from TBDress asking me to take this review I wrote off the Trust Pilot webpage, and they "promised" they would refund me just as soon as they received the dress back. I hope by me leaving this experience for all of you to read that they will learn how to promptly and proactively offer that kind of customer service BEFORE drastic action like this has been taken. As such, PayPal has agreed with my claim and have refunded me the money. I post Paypal's reply below. PLEASE NOTE ANYONE WANTING TO TAKE A CHANCE ON TBDRESS ENSURE YOU PAY THROUGH A COMPANY LIKE PAYPAL WHO WILL BACK YOU UP IN CASE SOMETHING GOES WRONG (and trust my experience, if you want to return it you will find it impossible to do otherwise).
Email from PayPal:
Dear T B Allen,
We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your favour.
We were able to recover $129.62 USD, and this amount has been credited to you. Please allow 5 working days for this adjustment to be posted.
If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to
recover the balance from the seller.
If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed
to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the
seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Tbdress Prom Dress
- Review category
- Footwear and Clothing
You May Also Like
- "I ordered a yellow dress and paid $52.48 with shipping and was sent a green dress. I asked for a refund and was told the most they could offer..."
- "i ordered a standard size wedding dress based on the measurements they provided. I received the dress and it is about 10 inches too long. I am 5'7 so it's..."
- "Dress looked nothing like picture...."
- "I purchase this ring and within 3 months found it had chipped, I returned to Earnest Jones where I was told the ring would need to sent off to their..."
- " I purchased the above nail strengthener to help my finger nails as they were splitting and my other nails had long ridges in them. After using the above product on..."
- "...We paid $3,000 for an extended warranty so we wouldn't have to deal with any repairs. WELL, neither Keystone or Holiday World of Dallas will come to the RV park..."
- "I've been a loyal Jawbone customer for...ever, it seems. My UP3 tracker started cracking and is now broken. They're phone support is down. Its been at least 3+days. I could..."
- "I purchased a North Trail 21FBS in May of 2015 from Camping World of Kissimmee, FL. Right off the batthe 120v. heater didnt work on AC, Shower head was clogged..."